Ingham County Prosecutor
The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reviews all requests for complaints and warrants involving violations of state law, Michigan State University and/or County ordinances.
The Prosecuting Attorney is responsible for a wide array of legal functions for Ingham County some of which include:
- Chief Law Enforcement Official for Ingham County
- Reviews, authorizes and prosecutes violations of felony and misdemeanor criminal laws of the State of Michigan committed within Ingham County
- Reviews petitions involving juvenile persons under 17 who engage in state law violations
- Reviews all drug and property forfeiture matters
- Advises the Family Independence Agency on child abuse and neglect matters
- Attends contested mental health commitment hearings
- Files and prosecutes actions to establish paternity
- Files actions to establish family support matters
Front desk and phone reception hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 12 and 1 to 4:30 pm. Our office will have a staff person available at the front reception desk, and also addressing incoming phone calls, during these times.
The office is closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM and on weekends and County Holidays. The office's main phone number is (517) 483-6108. The Family Support Unit can be reached at (517) 483-6540.
Our office is located at the Grady Porter Building/Veterans Memorial Courthouse Complex, 303 W Kalamazoo, Floor 4R, Lansing MI 48933.
Ingham County Prosecuting Attorney
303 W. Kalamazoo St., 4R
Lansing, MI 48933
(517) 483-6272 (office)
(517) 483-6397 (fax)
Ingham County Prosecutor’s Facebook page
The National Center on Elder Abuse is a federally-funded project to provide information to senior citizens and their families, about keeping safe from scams.
- Report on Missing Evidence at the Ingham County Sheriff's Office
- 2016 Year-end Report (Prosecutor Gretchen Whitmer)
- Report on the Status of the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office