Ingham County Prosecutor
Report on Missing Evidence at the Ingham County Sheriff's Office
2016 Year End Report (Prosecutor Gretchen Whitmer)
Report on the Status of the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office.pdf
What we do . . .
The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reviews all requests for complaints and warrants involving violations of state law, Michigan State University and/or County ordinances.
The Prosecuting Attorney is responsible for a wide array of legal functions for Ingham County some of which include:
- Chief Law Enforcement Official for Ingham County
- Reviews, authorizes and prosecutes violations of felony and misdemeanor criminal laws of the State of Michigan committed within Ingham County
- Reviews petitions involving juvenile persons under 17 who engage in state law violations
- Reviews all drug and property forfeiture matters
- Advises the Family Independence Agency on child abuse and neglect matters
- Attends contested mental health commitment hearings
- Files and prosecutes actions to establish paternity
- Files actions to establish family support matters
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 am to 12 and 1 to 5 pm. The office is closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM and on weekends and County Holidays. The office's main phone number is (517) 483-6108.
Our office is located at the Grady Porter Building/Veterans Memorial Courthouse Complex, 303 W Kalamazoo, 4R, Lansing MI 48933.
Ingham County Prosecuting Attorney
303 W. Kalamazoo St., 4R
Lansing, MI 48933
(517) 483-6272 (office)
(517) 483-6397 (fax)
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests: For information on filing a FOIA request, either with the Prosecutor or any other Ingham County Department, please visit the County of Ingham's FOIA web page: http://www.ingham.org/Residents/FreedomofInformationActRequests.aspx
For further information click below:
Elder Abuse: Here is some information from the National Center on Elder Abuse: It is a federally-funded project to provide information to senior citizens and their families, about keeping safe from scams: elder abuse brochure.pdf