What we do . . .
The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reviews all requests for complaints and warrants involving violations of state law, Michigan State University and/or County ordinances.
The Prosecuting Attorney is responsible for a wide array of legal functions for Ingham County some of which include:
- Chief Law Enforcement Official for Ingham County
- Reviews, authorizes and prosecutes violations of felony and misdemeanor criminal laws of the State of Michigan committed within Ingham County
- Reviews petitions involving juvenile persons under 17 who engage in state law violations
- Reviews all drug and property forfeiture matters
- Advises the Family Independence Agency on child abuse and neglect matters
- Attends contested mental health commitment hearings
- Files and prosecutes actions to establish paternity
- Files actions to establish family support matters
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 am to 12 and 1 to 5 pm. The office is closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM and on weekends and County Holidays. The office's main phone number is (517) 483-6108.
Our office is located at the Grady Porter Building/Veterans Memorial Courthouse Complex, 303 W Kalamazoo, 4R, Lansing MI 48933.
Stuart Dunnings III serves as Ingham County Prosecutor. He can be contacted at (517) 483-6272, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom of Information Act requests can be mailed/delivered to the above address, or e-mailed to Sarah Pulda at email@example.com.
For further information click below:
Pew Research Center crime study: crime study.pdf
Elder Abuse: Here is some information from the National Center on Elder Abuse: It is a federally-funded project to provide information to senior citizens and their families, about keeping safe from scams: elder abuse brochure.pdf